Wednesday, June 3, 2009

he's obsessed


with cars. Running errands has taken on a whole new level of annoying because not only are the kids screaming for a good part of it, but now I have to name every. single. car. that we see!!!! And I don't know if you have noticed, but there are a lot of freaking cars out there. And then he'll ask something like "what makes it a Nissan Altima?" and "how much horsepower does that car have?", "is that car faster than daddies?" (that question I can usually answer with 100% certainty, "no, it is not faster than daddies"). But the amazing thing is that he is starting to memorize so many of them. He knows the symbol for every car brand, and he can point out a few specific models.

Anyways, today as we were walking through a parking lot to our car, my youngest was of course meandering down the middle of the road. I told him he needed to run because a car was coming, which he of course ignored, so my oldest yelled, "RUN!!! IT'S A FORD!!!!!". I'm not sure what they have against Fords but my youngest definitely picked up the pace and moved.

Actually my oldest doesn't have anything against Fords. He tells me on a regular basis that when he can drive he wants a Ford Mustang, black, with Star Wars painted on the side. Oh, and if we could make it a Super Snake, that would be awesome. (the super snake is an enhanced mustang that sports 700 horsepower. that car is faster than daddies.)

2 comments:

Crystal said...

ahh boys...gotta love 'em. ;)

Anonymous said...

I think that is very impressive, I understand the annoying, but so smart. I am so proud of him. I love the star wars on the side part, that is GREAT!

Love you guys,

Monica