Tuesday, July 29, 2008

MIA

My poor blog has been slightly neglected lately and I apologize deeply to all my avid readers, but I do have a pretty good excuse for it (no, I'm not prego). I was reading the Twilight series.

I don't know how I feel about these books. On the one hand Bella-the main character-really annoyed me. I thought she was a whiny brat and not very smart. On the other hand I loved all the other characters, especially Jacob!!! I couldn't put the books down and read the first two books in a three day period!! However this could just be a character flaw, it seems once I start a book I can't put it down no matter what. This is the reason I haven't read a book in over a year, my poor family just gets too neglected.

I was discussing my problems with the books to my mom and she agreed with me but then added that the books are written for teenagers and Bella is a teenager and "remember when you were a teenager?". And ya know what? I do remember that. And ya know what I remember about that time? I hated teenage girls even when I was a teenage girl!!!

So there you have it, my official review of the books. The next one in the series comes out this Saturday and even though my brain is telling me to just leave it alone, I can't. It's my drug of choice right now and I'm going to go pick it up the day it comes out!!!! I just have to see what becomes of Jacob and the Cullens, but for all I care Bella can go cry in a corner and wait for the Volturi to come and get her!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about Bella. However, I can't stop hoping that she will be smart and stop bugging me. I am in love with these books and I guess that shows my maturity level because secretly I still think I am a teenager. I can't wait to see what happens next...

Anonymous said...

I feel ya, I love Jacob and i'm so disappointed that Bella didn't end up with him, I can keep hoping though for the 4th book that it will happen. I can't believe all the hype about these books though. I thought they were just okay. It amazes me that people are so obsessed. Oh well, and by the way have you seen the kid thats playing Edward in the movie. I'm sorry but gag!!!! they needed some manly man like Brad Pitt in interview w/ a vampire not some gay looking kid that wears too much make up and has no muscles. anyway, just my two cents. I read her new book "the host" it was really hard to get into at first but it ended up being really good. You should check it out. Have a great day, talk to you soon!!!
Monica

Carissa, Brandon, Carly, & Tyler said...

Welcome to the club! I can't believe you made it this long! Those books are some of the most addictive I've ever read. And I love Jacob too! I hope the 4th book is up to par.

emily said...

angela- how are things with you guys? where are you now? saw your comment on katie's blog and thought i'd check in with you guys. we're half way through OMS residency here in tn. can't believe how big your boys are. take care of yourselves. emily r