Monday, October 27, 2008

A small confession, followed by a funny story!!

I'm kind of a mean mom. When my kids ask for something unnecessary like a fruit snack or a sticker I make them sing me a song or do a dance or some other form of mild humiliation. Today when my children asked me for string cheese I told them they had to shake their booty first. Cormac of course started shaking his booty and singing the song "shake your booty, shake your boooooooty." Isaac on the other hand started doing something a little different, he would stick his booty out really far and then jump and then finish with his booty out really far again.
I said "wow, that's a new booty shake!!!"
He said "yeah, it's better than your booty shake"
me-"that's not very nice to say"
him-"it's okay I still love you, but my booty shake is better than yours and you should start doing it my way."

At least he still loves me!!!

3 comments:

amanda said...

That's funny. I may have to incorporate that into my parenting techniques.

Paige said...

Who doesn't make their kids do funny stuff just so we can smile and/or laugh at them??? I know I do it all of the time. I'm glad Isaac is so honest and up front with you. It never hurts to try something new...

Holly said...

I like that idea!!! My wheels are turning.....

And, I have never seen your booty shake but I think Isaac's sounds pretty cool Ü. He sure is a cutie!