Monday, November 19, 2007

The joys of children

Be warned, if you say it to your children they will say it to someone else. Isaac and I recently had a conversation about Mcdonalds and that it isn't healthy for you because it can make you fat and you'd have a big belly or bum. So with that little preview, we were at Mcdonalds and there was a man behind us who was on the larger side so Isaac decided to point out that I was correct and Mcdonalds does make you fat with a big belly because that guy behind us did in fact have a big belly. I told Isaac to be quiet, but he just kept repeating "that guy is fat with a big belly mom" nothing I did or said would shut him up so the gentleman Isaac was so rudely talking about stepped in and started chasing my child asking him what he was saying about him!!!! Isaac almost peed his pants and I'm sure I was purple from embarassment (I had hoped the man hadn't heard Isaac). I apologized profusely for my child, I think luckily the guy had a pretty good sense of humor about it because he just responded "isn't that what kids are for, to embarrass you?" I don't know if that's what they're for but they definately do a great job of it!!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

That's hilarious! McDonald's may make you fat and get a big belly, but it's definitely fun to go to once a week!

Shelley said...

Oh my gosh, I'm gonna wake Jacob up because I'm laughing so hard in bed! Man, I love four year olds! Yours is an especially great one!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm glad the gentleman had a sense of humor! Aren't kids great? Kara made a similar comment OUT LOUD within EARSHOT of my husband's BOSS'S WIFE...when we had them over for dinner one night :) I COULD HAVE DIED!!! Isaac is such a cute kid, I'm sure the guy easily forgave him! Have a great Thanksgiving!

AJ said...

That's what you get for telling him that and then going to McDonalds again. ;) Pretty funny. Makes you wish you could muzzle a child sometimes.