Saturday, May 24, 2008

What's a bull in a china cabinet?

I've been thinking about my brother Josh a lot recently and about his "bull in a china cabinet" life. Now he comes upon this fault quite honestly, you see he's the second child. I've noticed that the second child in most families have this predisposition. My husband is a second child, my second child is a second child, and I have numerous friends with second children. All of whom are completely spastic.

Many memories have been flooding to the front of my brain causing me to burst out laughing at random and frequently inappropriate times. And Josh was rarely in that china cabinet alone, he usually had me and our brother Eli in there with him, or sometimes he'd just throw me and Eli in the cabinet and shake it really hard. Like the time he got Eli to snort pepper. Yes I said pepper, and oh how it burned, but oh how we laughed (Josh and I anyways, Eli was crying).

Then there was the time Josh got his head stuck between the springs of the trampoline. I'm not 100% sure on the logistics of it, but I think it involved a front flip gone wrong. He was just flailing about screaming for help, we couldn't help, we were laughing and trying to figure out what in the hell just happened. We were also realizing the possibilities of his current situation. He had always tormented us, being the older brother and all, and now he was stuck with his head in a trampoline. Lucky for him our father heard his cries and came to his rescue.

Honestly I could go on and on, he has had more broken bones, stitches and random tears and strains than anyone I know. The kid was a mess and took everyone around him down too, but at least we had fun!!! I'll be posting more stories as they come to me. So stay tuned for further installments.

1 comment:

KatieB said...

This explains Avery...