Friday, January 2, 2009

Hello 2009!!!

Since I didn't send out Christmas cards with letters I thought I would sort of do that here. But if you are a regular reader of my blog this will probably just be an annoying re-cap of the last year.

We had a crazy year full of achievements and stress (they always seem to go hand in hand).
We started the year with a move from a house in North Phoenix to an apartment in Gilbert, we wanted to get ourselves situated and comfortable with the area before we made any big purchases. However, it became increasing clear that we had outgrown the apartment lifestyle, and nothing made this more clear to Jason than the random punches to his arm followed by a demand of "get me the hell out of this apartment!!!"

To help ease my nerves and get me away from my situation for a while I decided to go back to school. That's when we added a new addition to our family. Her name is Carla, and she is my life saver and the boys nanny!!! Oh how we love Carla and the 12 hours a week she spends here. School is going well for me and I am thrilled to be back at the grindstone working towards my goals.

In July Jason opened a new dental practice that has had amazing success. One month later Jason was able to save his arm from the brutal attacks and bought me my home!! I wish I could say we are all settled however, we still need loads of furniture to fill it. I should probably get around to hanging some pictures too.

The boys have also stayed busy and had a year of achievements too. They both learned to swim all by themselves without floaties. While we expected this of Isaac this year, we were quite shocked to have our little two year old jumping into the pool and taking off.

Isaac also started Pre-K this year and has done fantastic in school. He is learning to read and write and is really enjoying the experience. He also started karate and it has been fun to watch him advance through the belt rankings. He is currently a high-gold belt and getting ready to test into orange.

After some concern on my part about Cormac's speaking, or lack there of at the beginning of the year, he finally decided he had something to say and hasn't shut up since!! He is constantly trying to keep up with Isaac and has given me a nervous disorder in the process. He is a fun little boy who makes me laugh so hard every day. He is also quite the cuddle-bug and is always ready to hand out hugs and kisses and then say "thanks" afterward.

We really feel as though we have found our little place in the world and we couldn't be happier or more at peace. 2009, here we come!!!

3 comments:

KatieB said...

we should go furniture shopping together

Angela Hill said...

ok!!! do you have extra money to buy me stuff too?

Aaron and Melissa said...

You have had quite a busy year, but I am so glad things are working out well for Jason and that you are able to do something for yourself and finish school (which is so hard to do with kids). I am so happy for you guys! We sure miss you. Talk to you soon.