Monday, July 27, 2009

Kindergartener

My "baby" started kindergarten today. I'm happy and sad all at the same time. It's great to have him in school but, he grew up too fast. Anyways, here are the mandatory first day of school pictures.

Showing off his new school duds (he has to wear a uniform, LOVE IT!!)



Walking to school. We were all so excited.


Standing outside his classroom, I've already lost his attention he couldn't wait to get into class.



Sitting at his desk humiliated that his mom was still there taking pictures. But in my defense, look how many other parents are there, and I was the first one to leave, so I did pretty darn good. I also didn't cry. My bottom lip quivered as I left the classroom and I let out a strange whimper as I stepped off school property, but I kept it together for the most part.


On Friday I was trying to get my oldest revved up about school and asked him if he was excited to start kindergarten, he responded, "yeah, and so are you 'cause we've been driving you CRAZY!"

4 comments:

Paige said...

He looks like such a big kid, I can't believe it! I am proud of you for not crying and for being the first to leave. I'm sure that Andon will be wishing to be so lucky...

Crystal said...

Awwww...I remember my oldest daughter's first day of Kindergarten, and second daughter's - and my third starts in a few weeks. I can not believe how FAST time flies. Your "baby" is SO adorable, and I'm sure he had a blast on his first day. :) And you held up extremely well!

Misty said...

I love reading your posts, they always make me laugh! You have some awesome boys!

KatieB said...

um, why does school start in JULY??? but i'm jealous. summer is definitely taking its toll on my sanity.